It can be difficult at times to choose the perfect juice for your vaping experience. While e-juice manufacturers offer a myriad of flavours, determining the premium quality for maximum effect is still important.
When you choose a low-quality e-juice, you might end up with a juice that has a nasty smell or a horrible taste. You may have also recently replaced your new coil only to find out that the tank is full of gunk after a few hours of the vaping session. If you are new to the vaping community, you would assume that the brands on display or sold online all have the same quality. Sometimes, it can be difficult to determine whether or not you are using the premium quality, especially if you don’t know what to look for.
Before determining whether or not the e-liquid you have is of great quality, you must first know what is in your e-liquid.
Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG) are both colourless and odourless liquids that make up the composition of your e-liquid. Sometimes, you would see on the label of your juice 60/40 or 50/50, which is actually indicating the PG/VG ratio of the brand you are using.
Propylene Glycol (PG) in Vape Juice
- It is a petroleum by-product found in various everyday items, such as lotion, makeup, medicines, baby wipes, shampoo, and more.
- It is safe for both topical and oral use.
- It allows more nicotine hit and stronger, intense flavours to come through.
- It is a thinner substance and does not leave behind any sticky buildup on your device.
- It gives fewer vapour clouds and burnt flavour at high heats with a higher PG ratio.
Vegetable Glycerin (VG) in Vape Juice
- It is derived from vegetable oil and commonly found in deodorant, lotion, makeup, soap, foods, and more.
- It is a benign and safe substance and has high heat resistance.
- It is ideal for sub-ohm vape mods, usually used by advanced vapers who want a higher output power and more vapour in the flavours.
- It can create big fluffy clouds of vapour, which most vapers prefer when they use a high VG ratio.
- It is ideal for those with allergies since PG can normally cause allergic reactions to some individuals.
E-liquids come with a variety of nicotine strengths, and each bottle is labelled with their respective nicotine levels. Many vapers want lower nicotine content for health reasons. With a traditional cigarette, you cannot control the amount of nicotine intake, unlike with e-liquid. Nicotine levels would start from 0 mg/mL (nicotine-free) to 24 mg/mL (high nicotine).
E-liquids provide endless flavours for your choosing. Depending on your preference, you can choose blends or single flavours. Some manufacturers create their own blends to create unique flavours, while others buy extracts from their suppliers. You can choose from menthol, sweet, fruity to an intense tobacco taste.
How to Determine if You Have a Premium E-Liquid
Knowing that you have a cheap juice can be easy to notice. Cheap e-liquids will have that putrid smell of low-quality PG/VG and degraded nicotine solutions.
Cheap juices will eventually damage your device. They tend to crack the tank or gunk up the coils. In some cases, it can destroy the vape tank and tear up the coils.
Cheap juices will have some nasty minerals and materials floating in it compared to the good appearance of a good quality e-liquid. If there are floating items on your bottle or it looks cloudy, chances are, you are using a low-grade juice.
Knowing the basic information about vape juices will give you a rough idea of what to choose for your next vaping session. You can experiment and find what works best for you through trial and error.If you are looking for the best e-juice supplier in the UK, get in touch with us to see how we can help.