If your goal is to kick the habit of smoking cigarettes, switching to vaping is a good alternative. The sensation is similar to smoking tobacco, but it is believed to be less harmful. Those who are looking to become less dependent on nicotine may benefit from vaping because you are free to choose the nic level of your vape juice. With cigarettes, you are not entirely sure of the nicotine content because it tends to vary by brand. Whereas with vaping, you can vacillate between weak and strong levels depending on what you want.
Things to consider when choosing nicotine levels
You need to assess your smoking preferences and the type of smoker you are prior to choosing nicotine levels. This can help make vaping enjoyable. Below are the considerations you have to make when picking the best option:
- Taste and Throat Hit: The stronger the nicotine level, the harsher the taste and throat hit. If you want to enjoy the taste of your e-juice and a smoother vaping experience, you're better off with a lower concentration.
- Vaping Frequency: If you're the type to vape in longer sessions, strong nicotine levels might be too much. Whereas if you vape sparingly throughout the day, higher levels won't be a problem.
- Old Smoking Habit: For former smokers, you may want to opt for the nicotine level that rivals your old cigarette preference. Heavy smokers may want to opt for high concentrations, while casual smokers may prefer lower ones.
Standard levels of nicotine strength
High nicotine levels typically contain the most nicotine and deliver high vapour production. Depending on the kind of smoker you are, you may want to begin with a strong level if you're trying to quit smoking and then gradually decrease the strength as you go on. If you're new to vaping or smoking altogether, you may want to opt for the lower levels, or even juice with zero nicotine content at all. Nicotine is highly addictive, and it's not advisable to consume it in copious amounts.
To help you choose the best nicotine strength for you, here's a handy guide:
- 0 mg/ml - zero nicotine content
- 3 mg/ml - for those newbies or those who want to consume the least amount of nicotine as possible
- 6 mg/ml - recommended to people who want to enjoy the vibrant taste of e-juice sans the high concentration of nicotine
- 12 mg/ml - for people who are used to smoking a pack of cigarettes a day
- 18 mg/ml - for people who used to smoke more than 1 pack daily
- 24 mg/ml - for heavy smokers, typically those who used to smoke two packs of cigarettes a day
- 36 mg/ml - the strongest strength available on the market
Some e-juice brands use percentages instead of ml, but the general rule of thumb is the higher the number, the higher the nicotine content.
Just like with smoking cigarettes, vaping should still be done with caution. Despite being less harmful than cigarettes, vaping still has the ability to make you dependent on nicotine.
If you're looking for an e-liquid supplier that can address all your vaping needs, get in touch with us today! We’re happy to help.